Compression stockings are specialized hosiery designed to help prevent the occurrence of, and guard against further progression of, venous disorders such as edema, Phlebitis and thrombosis. Compression therapy helps decrease venous pressure, prevents venous stasis and impairments of venous walls, and relieves heavy and aching legs.
Treatment is usually prescribed by a physician to relieve all manifestations of chronic venous disease and prevent venous troubles. Compression stockings are recommended under the following conditions.
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Varicose veins
- Deep vein thrombosis
Compression stockings are offered in different levels of compression. Over the counter support is available in 10-15 mmHg or 15-20 mmHg.
Higher pressure stockings require prescription and a trained fitter. Higher pressure stockings range from 20-30 mmHg to 50+ mmHg.
- Diabetic Care2019-07-03T19:58:43-04:00
- Pediatric Assessment2019-07-03T20:13:53-04:00
- Nail Conditions and Calluses2019-07-03T20:13:26-04:00
- Common Foot Problems2019-07-03T19:59:26-04:00
- Compression Stockings2019-07-03T19:59:14-04:00
- Gait Analysis2019-07-03T20:03:30-04:00
- Custom Orthotics2019-07-03T19:27:09-04:00